- Value at beginning of month: $100,000.00
- Value at end of month: $97,329.36
- Month over month change: -2.67%
- CAGR: -29.67%
Related indices, monthly change
- NASDAQ: +5.16%
- IVV (iShares Core S&P 500): +3.43%
- IBB (iShares NASDAQ Biotechnology Index): +5.16%
- MXI (iShares Global Materials): +8.81%
- VEGI (iShares MSCI Global Agriculture Producers): +4.04%
Though more companies gained in value than lost value, the value of the index went down due to the fact that the companies that lost value made up a larger fraction of the index (including Genscript and Intrexon) and lost a greater portion of value, led by a group of chemicals companies that lost between 15% and 30% of their value. The AquaBounty Technologies stock ABTU.L made impressive gains, almost doubling its value over the course of the week, but it made around 1% of the index at the time.
Not included in the change of value is the dividend of AquaBounty stock AQB by Intrexon. On January 9, Intrexon distributed 0.014968 shares of AQB for each share of XON. On that date, the CSSBI held approximately 991 shares of XON, which translates to receiving 14.83 shares of AQB, which is worth $11.95 per share as of January 28. This divided is then worth $177.23 and has been added to the value of the index.
Changes made to index
No changes made to the index.
Allocation as of January 28, 201